I myself 24 hr pre-soak but have seen some YouTuber's keep the seed in the water until a tap root grows from seed casing. MJ Seeds Canada can guarantee you a 80% germination rate if you follow the “Cup of Water and Paper Towel Seeds Germination Method“. 1. Germinate hemp seeds directly into soil 2. Activate cannabis seeds with water 3. Germinate cannabis seeds with paper towels – GIF
24 or 48 hours germination in glass/cup of water method?
I myself 24 hr pre-soak but have seen some YouTuber’s keep the seed in the water until a tap root grows from seed casing.
It seems common place in the grow community for people to make a big project out of the simplest task. Dropping a seed in moist soil has always worked for me, it’s worked in nature since they were being fed dinosaur shit. Personally i feel the more i have to screw with something the better the chance of fuckin something up.
Do not soak for more than 48 hours, I find this is the cut of point for problems, I soak for 24 to 48 hours and the tap root is barely protrouding from the shell. At this point you have to plant really.
To all those that think soaking seeds is complicated. its not and has been the quickest way to germinate without chemicals for years now.
Cup of Water and Paper Towel Marijuana Seeds Germination Method
MJ Seeds Canada can guarantee you a 80% germination rate if you follow the “ Cup of Water and Paper Towel Seeds Germination Method “.
Many of our customers have 100% success rate with the method. However, the result may vary just like any other natural products out there.
Before you get started, you need the following:
– a glass of distilled water
– 1 plate
– paper towel
– pill bottle
– Always use distilled water. Do not use tap water because it has many impurities that won’t do well with your seeds.
– Make sure that you germinate the seeds inside a closed room with a temperature of 18 to 25 degrees Celsius.
– Drop your seeds into a glass or cup of distilled water. Sink them to the bottom by using your finger tips. Soak them for 15 to 18 hours. Do not over soak because too much water can kill them.
– It’s normal that some seeds don’t soak right after you drop them in the water. Leave them floating a few hours to allow water to penetrate the shell . After a few hours, come back to it and use your finger tips to carefully push them down.
– Check them every now and then to make sure that they are soaked in the bottom.
NOTE: This process will let the water or moist penetrate the shell which will trigger it to crack and germinate. The process is complete when you see the shell cracks and a tiny root appears.
– Fold a thick paper towel which is free from perfumes and dyes and position it on top of the plate.
– Pour the seeds and the water content in the cup of water into the paper towel. Make sure that the seeds have enough space in between. Fold the paper towel to cover the seeds.
– Leave it in a warm, dark room area and let it set until they open. Check it every 5 to 12 hours to make sure that they are kept moistened. Use a water spray to keep them wet.
– Do not give up as seeds may take up to 7 days to germinate. Each strains differ.
– Do not use any type of plastic bag or any other method not included in this guide as it will void the 95% germination guarantee on our seeds.
– Once you see new taproot which is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch then the germination is complete. Now is the time for you to transfer your newly germinated sprouts into dirt or rock wool cubes with the taproot facing down.
Reminder: Most cannabis seeds germinate within 1 to 2 days while others may take up to 7 days. This happens depending on how thick their shells are. Each strain differs in their characteristics including the thickness of their shells. Please be patient.
Here are some of the reasons why they fail to germinate:
1. They won’t germinate if you let the seeds to sit on the cup of water for too long.
2. You let the paper towel to become too dry or too wet.
3. They are exposed to extreme temperature.
4. You used tap water instead of distilled water.
If your seeds fail to germinate, then you can try this as a last resort. Drop them back to the cup of water and wait until you see them crack and show the taproots. Sometimes, the shell are too thick for moist to penetrate. Once you see the taproots, transfer them into the paper towel.
We always test our seeds for germination because we want to make sure that all our customers will only receive cannabis seeds with high germination rate. If you follow the germination method above, then we can guarantee you with at least 80% success rate.
We won’t honor the germination guarantee if:
1. You planted them direct to soil.
2. You did not follow our germination method and used other methods like soil, rockwool and kits.
Your success is of great importance to us that’s why we would like to hear from you if you have germination guarantee issues. You may contact us via phone, chat and email any time
The best way to germinate cannabis seeds!
With this guide, we would like to explain to you, how to germinate a cannabis seed most successfully. There are three common methods of cannabis seeds to germinate. Properly executed, they will be successful in almost every case.
- Germinate hemp seeds directly in soil
- Activate cannabis seeds with water
- Germinate cannabis seeds in damp cloths
So that cannabis seeds can be germinated under optimal conditions, in all three breeding types, some basic rules have to be considered. Before we describe the methods exactly, we first want to talk about these basics; The first golden rule is for example, not to treat cannabis seeds with bare hands to avoid the chance of contamination with bacteria or fungus. We strongly recommend the use of clean gloves and some disinfected tweezers!
Germinate weed seeds – The quality of the water:
The water temperature should be around 20 degrees and have good quality. The quality of the water can be tested with a PH meter and an EC meter. Recommendation: Osmosis water or drinking water very debil (with little salts and mineral arm).
The ideal substrate to germinate weed seeds:
You can work with different substrates. The most common are earth (light mix), coco and rock wool. Even with the substrates, the soil and ambient temperature should be right. A light mix is specially adapted to sensitive plants such as hemp. Most mixtures contain nutrients and minerals for a few weeks, which the young plant absorbs when it needs them.
For Coco substrate, before working with it, you should test the EC content, as most Coco substrates have a very high value. To lower the value, wash the Coco once with mineral water (osmosis water).
Breeding for coco and rock wool is also referred to as hydroponic cultivation, which means that significantly more air circulation at the roots is created. But the nutrients that are then fed to his plants are more directly absorbed by them. The risk of over or under-fertilization is greater but also the expected yield. Breeding on hydroponics is what gardeners with more experience.
Required air, light, and temperature for germination:
In order not to endanger the germination capacity of the seed, it should be stored in a dark and cool place (6 ° – 10°).
Before the seed is germinated, it must not be exposed to light and the air temperature should not be below 20° C (68° F) nor exceed 30° C (86° F). Maintaining a temperature around 25°C (77° F) is ideal. For outdoor cultivation, it’s recommended to germinate indoors, letting the seedlings grow for a few weeks, and don’t set plants outside too early.
Method 1. – Germinate hemp seeds in soil
- Prepare material (fill small flowerpots with soil).
- Lightly moisten the potting soil with good water. (Too much moisture = mold and fungal danger).
- Place the seeds in a 0.5cm recess in the center of the pot. Make sure that the seed is transverse and not upright, this can affect the germination rate. Nature has not shaped the seed without reason oval. If you set the seed transverse, it will easily position itself properly in the soil after germination! When you work with jiffies it works something similar. The jiffy is only soaked in water until it swells apart, then the water is expressed again without crushing it until residual moisture is over. At Jiffy, the factory usually prepares a slight depression for the seed.
- Lightly cover the seed with soil so that no light can shine directly on the seed. Also with the jiffi one covers the seeds with a little material. Wet but not wet! Now pour no more that could flush the seed back up and the amount of water is also difficult to control.
- In case of too little moisture, we recommend wetting the plant with a spray bottle.
- Now put the plant in a safe place and depending on the variety and genetics can be expected in the next 36 to 72 hours with a first result. In some cases, it can take up to 6 days.
Method 2. Germinate cannabis seeds in a paper towel.
- For preparation, we gonna need two plates, some sheets of kitchen roll, good quality water as described above, and our seeds.
- Put two sheets of kitchen paper on one of the plates and moisten them with water.
- Put your seeds on the damp cloth and put two more kitchen towels over it.
- Moisten also the upper cloths. Runoff excess water that the wipes are only slightly saturated.
- Put the second plate on the other plate like a shell.
- Store in a dark place and check daily that do not dry out the kitchen towels and of course to see if the seedlings are already broken. Once it is germinated, a small white shoot comes from one side. Now the time has come, the seed can be placed in the substrate of your choice. Carefully remove the seeds with tweezers from the cloths and carefully place them diagonally with the small germ downwards into a prepared hole. Only so deep that the seed is slightly covered with soil (max 5mm).
7. Wait, wait, wait and then be happy.
Method 3. Germinate cannabis seeds in a cup of water
This method is particularly suitable for activating seeds that have been stored for a long time
The addition of hydrogen peroxide is suitable for softening the husk of the hemp seed. About 3 – 5 drops per 100 ml of water are sufficient.
- Prepare a cup of water at a temperature of about 12 degrees Celsius (54 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Put the seeds into the water for 12 hours.
- Prepare to plant the seed in a small flower pot. Exactly as we described in method 1, under point 3.
- After planting, cover the seed with the substrate and moisten again with water.
- After about 2 – 3 days, the germ should gradually see daylight.
Cannabis seeds do not germinate? These are the most common mistakes:
- The pH of the water is too high or too low. Regardless of the method used to germinate the cannabis seeds, the pH should always be between 5.5 and 6.5.
- The EC value of the water is too high, it should be below 0.8.
- The water temperature was ignored, it should be between 20 ° and 22 ° celsius.
- If you let the hemp seeds germinate into soil, it may be that too much water was used, the soil was fertilized too much, or that the seed was pushed too deep into the soil, or was placed upside down.
- The seeds were exposed to strong temperature differences during transport.
This information is only of interest to customers who live in a country where cultivating and cultivating cannabis seeds is not a violation of the law.