Introducing our CBD Energy Oil. Relaxing properties of CBD with green tea extract. Giving you focused attention throughout your day without the crash. CBD is becoming a popular choice for an energy boost and focus. Here we explain how CBD can enhance your productivity and balance your energy levels throughout the day. cbd for energy: everything you want to know all in one place can cbd increase energy levels? this is a really good question in my opinion, especially considering the claims regarding how cbd can
CBD Energy Oil
Shake well before use. Take half to a full dropper as needed, directly under the tongue or in a beverage.
Warning: The product has not been evaluated by the FDA for safety or efficacy. Keep out of reach of children. Those who are pregnant or nursing should consult their healthcare provider before use. This product is not intended to cure, treat, or mitigate any diseases.
To start, shake the bottle well. For dosing, we recommend starting low and increasing dosing slow. Fill the tincture to the appropriate graduated markings and squeeze under the tongue to let the oil absorb for 30 seconds. Tinctures can also be mixed with food or drink as desired.
Take note of how your body has adapted to the cannabinoids on a daily and weekly basis and adjust your dosage based on your desired effect. For best results, we encourage you to stick with the same CBD routine for 30 days.
- CBD Oil
- Serving Size: 1 mL dropper
- Servings per Container: 30
- 500mg CBD Oil: 16.6mg per serving
- Hemp Derived Cannabidiol
- Green Tea Leaf – 33.3mg
CBD Energy for Alertness, In Oil Form
Inspired by the CBD Energy Gummies, the new Energy CBD Oil offers the same CBD for fatigue and CBD for energy in a sugar-free, liquid form. This CBD Energy Oil features Green Tea, MCT oil, and CBD to help you stay alert yet calm, perfect at any time of day.
Does CBD give you energy? It sounds contrary to what you might think, given CBD’s reputation for both pain and stress management. But CBD can also help provide energy and focus, thanks to its ability to reduce stressful issues, such as anxiety and sleep, that can affect energy levels and ability to concentrate.
In this watermelon-flavored CBD Oil, the stress-relieving benefits of CBD are combined with the focus and health benefits of Green Tea, which offers half the caffeine of a cup of coffee, as well as enhanced brain function and improved performance, the ability to help memory, and even the potential to boost metabolism.
CBD for Energy, Focus and Concentration: Can It Help?
The fast-paced times we live in make it difficult for us to focus during the day, with so much pressure and responsibilities at once. Our bodies have their limits, so expecting the optimal performance when you don’t give it the necessary time to restore is just wishful thinking. Many people are looking for a quick fix for their low energy levels and blunt focus — turning to caffeine, energy drinks, and other widely available stimulants.
Effective as they are in a short-term perspective, long-term use of stimulants has dangerous side effects, including addiction, cardiovascular problems, liver damage, and more.
This is where CBD comes in. Short for cannabidiol, CBD is a natural compound in hemp plants that have balancing effects on the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) — our prime self-regulatory network. CBD has many science-backed health benefits, such as sleep regulation, pain relief, immune support, neuroprotection, and more.
Recent research also shows that CBD can enhance focus and boost energy throughout the day.
Today we explain the mechanisms behind this phenomenon.
Does CBD Oil Help with Energy and Focus?
Although most people associate cannabis with sleepiness and low energy levels, CBD does exactly the opposite. CBD can be sourced from both hemp and marijuana, but most CBD products available for sale online are made from hemp. Hemp plants contain 0.3% of THC or less, which doesn’t produce intoxicating effects. Simply put, CBD won’t make you feel high and sleepy like the high-THC cannabis does.
Better yet, CBD can balance your neurotransmitters and alleviate certain symptoms that negatively affect your energy.
Energy-Boosting Properties of CBD
Our energy and concentration are influenced by many factors. Chronic health problems, such as sleep deprivation, diet, and stress can all compromise your productivity. At present, there’s not much evidence to support CBD’s ability to improve energy and focus.
According to one 2014 review of studies, CBD might promote wakefulness in some people, although these findings haven’t yet been confirmed clinically (1).
A 2015 randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study found that CBD improves facial emotion recognition, indicating the cannabinoid’s role in cognitive functioning and focus (2).
Although the research into the effects of CBD on energy and focus is in the early stage, many studies suggest that CBD may alleviate certain symptoms that compromise these parameters.
Here’s how CBD can help you boost energy throughout the day — in a not-so-direct way.
Anxiety disorders often cause people to feel tired and have difficulty staying focused. CBD may help you fix the short attention span and boost energy by reducing anxious thoughts. CBD does that by regulating several neurotransmitters in the brain, including dopamine and serotonin (3–4). However, CBD doesn’t affect them like caffeine or other natural stimulants; instead, the cannabinoid provides balance in the activity of these neurotransmitters, allowing the body to use them more effectively. CBD also modulates the GABA-A receptor, which is the “handbrake” of the nervous system (5).
Lack of sleep is another contributor to low energy levels and poor focus. Even one night deprived of sleep can negatively affect your cognitive performance the next day. CBD may be able to help regulate sleep cycles (6). Most users report sedation at high doses of CBD taken in the evening, whereas lower doses in the morning are believed to boost alertness. This may have a profound impact on your sleep duration and quality. When you stay productive throughout the day, your brain will receive signals that it’s time to prepare for rest. On the other hand, when you feel sluggish and do literally nothing before the evening, your brain may wake up and give you a train of thought as you try to fall asleep. On top of regulating your daily functioning, CBD can reduce the REM phase disturbances and keep you longer in the deep sleep stage.
Chronic pain can cause you to struggle with concentration and experience fatigue. CBD can mitigate pain by reducing inflammation and altering the way pain signals are sent to the brain. Studies have mentioned CBD as a potential painkiller in conditions such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, migraines, post-surgery pain, and neuropathy (7).
Does CBD Help You Focus?
As mentioned, CBD interacts with the “feel good” hormones such as serotonin and dopamine. Every time you feel considerable stress, your body starts to produce cortisol. High cortisol levels may compromise your ability to focus and make you unable to maintain mental clarity. CBD may help manage this problem by interacting with the excretion of excess cortisol (8). As a result, the brain can release more dopamine and serotonin. These neurotransmitters affect memory, focus, energy, and motivation. Long story short, yes, CBD can help you focus on the important tasks you encounter each day.
How to Take CBD for Energy and Focus
You have plenty of CBD products to choose from, all of which can affect your body slightly differently. You need to consider things such as how long they take to get to work, how long they last, and if they provide consistent dosing. Here are some of the most common options out there:
- CBD Oil – oils are the most common form of CBD. They are made of a whole-plant hemp extract and infused into an inert oil for higher bioavailability. CBD oil usually has a dropper that makes dosing more accurate than other forms. The effects of CBD oil are relatively fast-acting, although some people may dislike its taste.
- CBD Capsules – capsules offer a convenient and discreet way to consume CBD. The majority of CBD capsules are available in an easy-to-take soft gel form. Each capsule contains a fixed dose of CBD, so there’s no need to play with a dropper or worry about the oil leaking into your bag. Although capsules have a delayed onset, their effects last longer than with oils. However, since the CBD is processed in the digestive system first, it may also lose some of its potency.
- CBD Edibles – edibles have a lot of fans out there because they offer the most enjoyable way to take CBD — and a great diversity of products. You can choose between CBD gummies, protein bars, chocolates, honey sticks, cookies, and more. Edibles use the same route of administration as capsules, so they may need more time to kick in.
- CBD Vapes – CBD vapes are picked due to their high absorption rate and fast-acting effects. When you inhale CBD in a vape pen, the compound absorbs through the lung tissue right into the bloodstream. With no first-pass metabolism in the liver, the CBD can reach the cannabinoid receptors faster and produce its calming effects within minutes after inhalation.
- CBD Topicals – CBD topicals cover a wide range of products, including creams, lotions, balms, gels, shampoos, and bath bombs. Topical formulations are designed to target localized problems. Once rubbed into the affected area, the CBD interacts with the skin’s endocannabinoid system, easing the discomfort.
How to Choose the Right CBD Product for Energy
Which product you ultimately choose boils down to personal preference. You need to understand how a particular product will fit into your lifestyle. Is it suited for your working hours? Is it discreet? Do you even need a low-profile consumption form? Here are a few handy tips to determine which CBD product will be the right one for you:
- Choose products with supportive ingredients – pay attention to all ingredients in your product. Some CBD extracts are enriched with caffeine or fruit extracts to compliment the energy-boosting benefits of cannabidiol.
- Read third-party lab reports – reputable brands test their products in third-party laboratories for potency and purity. A certificate of analysis from such tests is proof of the product’s quality. The CBD market is unregulated because hemp-derived products are classified as health supplements. Thus, many fly-by-night vendors take advantage of that situation, churning out mislabeled, often downright dangerous products. Always look for the lab-reports on the brand’s website.
- Consider the form – if you have no problems ingesting a botanical liquid, then CBD oil will be your best bet. For higher bioavailability and faster effects, you can pick CBD vapes. Capsules will be better if you live a busy life and take CBD on-the-go. Finally, a CBD cream is a handy product for managing daily aches and taking care of the skin.
- Find the right potency – the amount of CBD per serving varies between different products. Their bioavailability is also different depending on the type, so once you’ve figured out the right form of CBD, you need to consider the potency. The concentration of CBD per bottle is expressed in milligrams. Manufacturers also have their own dosage guidelines based on a single recommended serving.
Safety and Side Effects of CBD
Studies have found that CBD is safe for human consumption. There are a few mild side effects, though, such as:
- Changes in appetite
- Dry mouth
Since CBD is fat-soluble, consuming it along with fatty food can significantly increase CBD blood concentration, increasing your chances of experiencing these side effects. On top of that, CBD interacts with a lot of prescription and nonprescription medications. If your doctor has warned you against taking your meds with grapefruit juice, then you shouldn’t mix it with CBD either. CBD and grapefruit both change the way your liver processes active ingredients in drugs.
It’s always best to consult your doctor to be on the safe side when using CBD for energy and focus if you take any medications.
Other Ways to Build Energy and Boost Focus
People build stamina and increase focus in many other ways than taking CBD. Some natural methods to boost energy include:
- Getting the right amount of quality sleep
- Eating food that has a dense nutritional content
- Staying active
- Avoiding alcohol use and smoking
- Managing stress
- Drinking enough water
- Taking health supplements
If you’re chronically tired and can’t focus on important tasks, it might be a good idea to seek medical advice.
Summarizing the use of CBD for Energy
CBD isn’t a stimulant like coffee or energy drinks. Instead, CBD interacts with your body’s endocannabinoid system to regulate the activity of different neurotransmitters and hormones that control your cognitive functions and energy levels. Moreover, CBD can reduce pain, improve sleep, and ease anxiety — all of which are known contributors to fatigue and problems with concentration.
Consistent supplementation with CBD may balance vital mental processes to keep you naturally in tune with your body and remain productive throughout the day without sacrificing your well-being.
Do you take CBD for energy and focus? Share your thoughts in the comments!
- Murillo-Rodríguez, Eric et al. “Potential effects of cannabidiol as a wake-promoting agent.” Current neuropharmacology vol. 12,3 (2014): 269-72. doi:10.2174/1570159X11666131204235805
- Hindocha, Chandni et al. “Acute effects of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and their combination on facial emotion recognition: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in cannabis users.” European neuropsychopharmacology : the journal of the European College of Neuropsychopharmacology vol. 25,3 (2015): 325-34. doi:10.1016/j.euroneuro.2014.11.014
- Seeman, P. “Cannabidiol is a partial agonist at dopamine D2High receptors, predicting its antipsychotic clinical dose.” Translational psychiatry vol. 6,10 e920. 18 Oct. 2016, doi:10.1038/tp.2016.195
- De Gregorio, Danilo et al. “Cannabidiol modulates serotonergic transmission and reverses both allodynia and anxiety-like behavior in a model of neuropathic pain.” Pain vol. 160,1 (2019): 136-150. doi:10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001386
- Pretzsch, Charlotte Marie et al. “Effects of cannabidiol on brain excitation and inhibition systems; a randomized placebo-controlled single-dose trial during magnetic resonance spectroscopy in adults with and without autism spectrum disorder.” Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology vol. 44,8 (2019): 1398-1405. doi:10.1038/s41386-019-0333-8
- Babson, Kimberly A et al. “Cannabis, Cannabinoids, and Sleep: a Review of Literature.” Current psychiatry reports vol. 19,4 (2017): 23. doi:10.1007/s11920-017-0775-9
- Russo, Ethan B. “Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain.” Therapeutics and clinical risk management vol. 4,1 (2008): 245-59. doi:10.2147/tcrm.s1928
- Appiah-Kusi, E et al. “Effects of short-term cannabidiol treatment on response to social stress in subjects at clinical high risk of developing psychosis.” Psychopharmacology vol. 237,4 (2020): 1121-1130. doi:10.1007/s00213-019-05442-6
Livvy is a registered nurse (RN) and board-certified nurse midwife (CNM) in the state of New Jersey. After giving birth to her newborn daughter, Livvy stepped down from her full-time position at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey. This gave her the opportunity to spend more time writing articles on all topics related to pregnancy and prenatal care.
cbd for energy: everything you want to know all in one place
can cbd increase energy levels? this is a really good question in my opinion, especially considering the claims regarding how cbd can also help sleep (and seemingly everything else under the sun). but heck, if cbd oil can give me a more sustained level of focus and energy throughout the day, i want to know about it. you probably do too if you’re reading this, so let’s get on with the findings.
cbd oil can help bring about increased energy levels due to its ability to enhance protein synthesis and expression within areas of the brain associated with wakefulness. it also works to regulate the endocannabinoid system, which can modulate your body’s sleep-wake cycle to create lasting energy.
plenty of other factors also affect cbd and energy levels, including dosage size, the type of cbd you choose, how often you take it, and how you react on an individual level. lifestyle habits and other existing conditions are also important.
does cbd oil give you more energy?
a study was conducted in 2014 that supported the hypothesis that cannabidiol (cbd) worked as a wake-promoting agent . their findings showed that administration of cbd increased dopamine levels in the brain’s hypothalamus. dopamine is a neurotransmitter that promotes wakefulness and is involved in other processes such as learning and motivation, heart rate, and mood. it is known as the “feel-good neurotransmitter,” as dopamine levels rise when we are expecting or experiencing some form of perceived reward.
if you have naturally low energy levels, cbd could work to combat that for a variety of reasons due to the way it works on the human body. cbd interacts with our endocannabinoid system (ecs), a primitive system inside every single one of us that is believed to be responsible for homeostasis, or a relatively stable equilibrium within our environment. this means it can effect changes within your body chemistry in a bidirectional manner, explaining its potential to both increase your energy level if it is low and exhibit a calming effect should your energy be too high.
our ecs has receptors all throughout our bodies. these two types of receptors (cb1 and cb2) are found within different areas of both our brains and bodies and both have different functions. when you take cbd, it can stimulate these receptors as your body sees fit based on your current state of being (mental, emotional, physical). in other words, your body knows where to use cbd just how it can distinguish between using ibuprofen for inflammation versus a headache.
when our ecs’ receptors are stimulated, we synthesize more of our own naturally occurring cannabinoids, known as anandamide and 2-ag to work their magic. anandamide is known as the bliss molecule and plays a role in motivation, appetite, and sleep. less is known about 2-ag because it is rapidly absorbed by the body , but it exists in higher levels in our bodies than anandamide and binds readily to both cb1 and cb2 receptors, whereas anandamide only attaches to cb1 receptors.
because the ecs works on a whole-body scale, it is entirely possible that it could also regulate a process where low energy was a side effect. however, cbd oil can still increase energy levels regardless of the condition if it is consumed at the right dosage size: low doses of cbd (15 mg) were shown to “have alerting properties in healthy volunteers” and increase wakefulness in one brazilian study . cbd won’t replace a cup of coffee, but it can absolutely bring the potential for increased and sustained energy nonetheless.
why does cbd keep you awake?
cbd technically does not make you sleepy on its own, though many people do take cbd oil to help with sleep regulation. when consumed over the long term, cbd’s aligning properties can bring about a sense of calmness and relaxation that could promote sleep, even if small doses of cbd can have an energizing effect in the short term. therefore, you have several options to determine why cbd may be keeping you awake if you are taking it with the intention of sleeping.
- dosage size: it is possible you need a larger dose to achieve your desired effect
- time of day: if cbd has an energizing effect on your body, you may want to look into taking it earlier before bed. if you still have no luck, you could even experiment with taking it earlier in the day in order to take advantage of the energizing effect. doing so will still enable you to capitalize on cbd’s long-term benefits, as cbd can help you sleep even if you take it during the day .
- a combination of the two: you may also find that taking a few smaller-sized doses of cbd throughout the day helps to regulate your energy levels as you go about your life. this could also help put you in a better place to sleep when it comes time to do so, as opposed to finding yourself battling a racing brain once your head hits the pillow.
there is also more science behind wakefulness and cbd. studies have hypothesized that cbd influences an awakened state by activating neurons such as dopamine within areas of the brain like the hypothalamus and the dorsal raphe nucleus (drd), which is found midway through the brainstem. dopamine is one of four primary neurotransmitters that regulate our energy (and also our mood) along with serotonin, gaba, and norepinephrine.
when the last of the four, norepinephrine, is released in the body it is known as noradrenaline. this is similar to adrenaline, which you may be most familiar with except that norepinephrine and noradrenaline are constantly released at low levels to promote normal functioning, whereas the isolated release of epinephrine/adrenaline give you that “rush” during times of stress. this may also contribute to why cbd may keep you awake.
adrenaline is only one hormone that is released when you are stressed, and it brings about increased heart rate and blood pressure in addition to an energy boost. cortisol is also released when you experience stress, and it is known as the stress hormone . it is secreted to elicit your fight-or-flight response, which is great if you run into a bear while hiking, or even if you have a deadline to meet at work. but what if your cortisol levels are always high?
as it turns out, sustained high cortisol levels can be incredibly detrimental to the human condition. one such byproduct of cortisol is increased glucose (blood sugar) levels, which can put the body in an insulin-resistant state and even result in diabetes . weight gain and obesity, lowered immunity, cardiovascular disease, digestive issues, and even fertility problems are some of the most prominent adverse effects from consistently having too much cortisol in your blood.
lastly, consistent stress and high cortisol levels may be linked to insomnia and chronic fatigue syndrome as well as possible thyroid issues, dementia, and depression. if you are experiencing fatigue from stress, regular cbd usage could help to lower those levels in the long run, which could alleviate symptoms of chronic fatigue and work towards restoring energy levels.
how does cbd affect energy?
it is a misconception that cbd is a sedative. that idea likely came to be due to the fact that cbd comes from the cannabis plant, just like another well-known cannabinoid called thc. thc is responsible for the psychoactive effects that give people a “high” when consumed in “marijuana” (which is nothing more than a garbage legal term for cannabis containing more than 0.3% thc, but i digress), and it is very effective at inducing sleep.
on the other hand, cannabis that has less than 0.3% thc is referred to as “ hemp ,” and it is often grown to produce higher levels of both cbd and all of the other accompanying accessory cannabinoids. when extracted into a cbd product, the end result can either be 100% cbd (isolate), or it can retain all of the characteristics from the entire plant’s makeup. this type of product is known as full spectrum, and it can be even further refined by fully removing the existing traces of thc to result in what we call a broad spectrum extract.
both full and broad spectrum extracts can tap into the overall benefits of cannabis more thoroughly than an isolate through a process referred to as the entourage effect. furthermore, thc is not needed to produce the entourage effect, making broad spectrum drops the optimal choice if you have access to them. tapping fully into the entourage effect could also have an impact on maximizing cbd’s effectiveness towards raising your energy levels.
addressing the issue of cbd and energy beyond these factors may require a self-assessment (or a professional one) into the cause of your low energy. something as simple as a change in lifestyle or environment due to a new job could be the cause, but conditions such as anemia, heart disease, sleep apnea, a thyroid disorder, or testosterone imbalance could also cause low energy. anxiety, insomnia, and/or depression could be other key contributors, and cbd may have varied efficacy towards reducing or alleviating symptoms of some or all of these problems.
however, issues like a lack of exercise or poor nutrition are also major causes of low energy, especially if you work at a desk all day. elements such as these are within your control, and it is absolutely worth it, both for your physical and mental health to see if improved eating and activity habits can help increase your energy. and unless you’re perfect (which none of us are), it is likely that lower energy levels have a number of contributing facets, which means that making as many overall healthy lifestyle changes as possible will give you the best chances of improvement in the end.
while that may sound like a copout, everything within our bodies is interconnected, especially with regards to our ecs. the truth is, cbd is not a cure-all for every ailment on planet earth, despite its potential to help increase our quality of life in a lot of ways. there’s also a lot we can do to increase our energy levels and our overall health, and those things could further help increase cbd’s efficacy with regards to improved energy as well.
- hydration : it’s fairly safe to say just about nobody is properly hydrated. (if you are the exception, good for you!) hydration literally provides oxygen to our cells, and it also has one of the largest influences on our energy level. hydration levels also affect brain function and can help maximize physical performance, meaning that proper hydration can enable you to more fully exert yourself both mentally and physically.
- activity: the easiest way to do this during the day is to go for a quick walk. even a 20-minute walk can restore energy levels, especially if you can do so in the sun since vitamin d boosts energy from a cellular level as well. you could also incorporate some type of workout regimen, or other activity to get your body moving. for most people, this is most beneficial earlier in the day, though you should pay attention to how your body responds after working out and utilize the positive effects accordingly.
- give it a rest: it’s impossible to perpetually exert any muscle without giving it a break. taking breaks is one of the best ways to create more energy for when you want to use it. set aside time to take healthy breaks where you can recharge by going for a hike, reading a book, taking a bath, or socializing in some manner (from a safe distance, of course). whatever helps you press that “reset” button, make sure to create time to give it some love, as it can help you come back to life’s demands with a fresh and focused mindset, rather than a drained one.
- sleep : poor sleep is directly tied to low energy levels. luckily, cbd’s effects on sleep are vast: it can improve symptoms of insomnia, increase overall quality of sleep, and reduce the effects associated with lack of sleep, among others. this improved sleep can help improve our waking energy, and can further help promote a balanced sleep-wake cycle in order to bring about sustained, long-term benefits.
how can you best take cbd for energy?
hopefully by now you realize the potential for cbd to be taken to help increase energy. if you are looking to incorporate cbd into your regimen, the next question would be how to get the most out of your cbd . cbd is not regulated by the fda, which means you need to be in the know as much as possible when it comes to the different types of products that are available.
in order to make sure you’re safe, only buy organic cbd products made from american-grown hemp. the company you are buying from should also be able to provide an independently tested third-party assessment to prove both the purity and potency of a given product. taking these steps will ensure you are purchasing a legal product, as american-grown hemp is legal in all 50 states.
even once you’ve got all that figured out, there will still likely be lots of options fitting your criteria. sublingual cbd drops are the easiest and fastest way for your body to absorb cbd oil , and will be more effective than capsules and edibles, which are taken orally and must pass through the digestive tract before they become fully absorbed.
finally, taking cbd every day, and doing so at the same time(s) is also crucial to maximizing cbd’s benefits . by taking cbd every day, you can work to promote a regulated ecs, which can lead to an overall healthier and more energetic version of yourself. if you have any other questions or comments regarding cbd for energy, or any other ways in which it may be of benefit to your life, please reach out. we would love to hear from you.