Shop premium CBD and hemp seed oil products ranging from CBD Edibles, CBD muscle and joints, CBD bath and body, and pet products with hemp seed oil. Seeking medicinal cannabis treatment in Perth? The doctors at Northbridge Medical Centre can explore the best options for your condition. Call 08 9228 8339.
CBD Oil Perth
For our second anniversary, Voyager is going big.
All CBD oils are 50% off throughout September!
Shop in Store and Online. Sale lasts Sep 1st – 30th.
Premium UK CBD and Wellness Products
Welcome to Voyager’s premium CBD shop. Here you can browse a wide range of high-quality products made with the finest ingredients available on the market. Our CBD product range is formulated with 99% pure isolate extracted from hemp plants grown in the fertile soil of Colorado, they’re free from THC, accurately labeled, and compliant with all relevant regulations. Our company prides itself on trust, integrity, and quality, placing customer satisfaction above all else to offer peace of mind in a rapidly growing and often misunderstood industry.
Medicinal Cannabis Consultation & CBD Oil Perth:
Northbridge Medical Centre is committed to providing the highest level of care to all our patients by tailoring our approach to fulfill the needs of individuals. We are now offering medicinal cannabis consultations in our Perth clinic, to allow patients to have access to medicinal cannabis.
Medicinal cannabis, also widely known as CBD oil, is increasingly becoming more popular and acceptable as a therapeutic option for various medical conditions.
What is Medicinal Cannabis:
Medicinal cannabis is produced by combining various chemicals with cannabis that is grown specifically for medicinal use. The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) requires strict certification of all medicinal cannabis products produced in and imported into Australia. The product prescribed by the doctors and dispensed from the pharmacy are formulated securely with quality assurance being regulated.
The main chemicals used are Delta-9-tetrahydrocannbinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD). THC is a psychotropic cannabinoid compound known for its analgesic, antiemetic, antispasmodic and psychotropic effects. CBD is a non-psychotropic compound known for its anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, antioxidant, antianxiety and sedation effects.
The ratio of THC to CBD is the primary focus in managing the patient’s medical conditions and symptoms.
How can I access medicinal cannabis in Perth:
- Medicinal cannabis products can only be obtained legally from a pharmacy with a prescription by a registered doctor with special interest and training in medicinal cannabis upon approval from the TGA Special Access Scheme (SAS) and the relevant State or Territory’s Health Department
- The doctor will be required to access each patient’s medical condition to decide whether medicinal cannabis is an appropriate treatment option
- The doctor will also consider interactions with current medications and review for any problems with drug dependence and substance abuse
- Medicinal cannabis application can only be approved if the patient is terminal or has a documented medical condition which is chronic (lasting more than 3 months).
If you wish to find out the latest news and information about medicinal cannabis in Western Australia, please refer to the Australian Government Department of Health TGA Guidance for the use of medicinal cannabis in Australia
Conditions medicinal cannabis & CBD oil may be beneficial for
There are many common medical conditions where medicinal cannabis may provide benefits.
The Australian Government Department of Health Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) provides guidance and continual updates on the use of medicinal cannabis. The current position held by TGA is that medicinal cannabis should only be considered after established treatments have been unsuccessful or if the patient is unable to take a treatment to due adverse effects.
For detailed clinical guidance about these conditions, please refer to Australian Government Department of Health TGA Guidance for the use of medicinal cannabis in Australia
The following are conditions supported by TGA with limited evidence of possible benefits using medicinal cannabis as treatment option:
- Chronic non-cancer pain to improve pain, sleep and neuropathic pain
- Multiple sclerosis to improve pain, muscle spasticity and quality of life
- Epilepsy to reduce seizures and quality of life
- Symptoms related to cancer or cancer treatment
- Palliative care for Alzheimer’s disease and advanced cancer symptoms
- Chronic conditions causing nausea and vomiting
Medicinal cannabis may also be beneficial in the following medical conditions:
- Psychological conditions including Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorder, PTSD and Schizophrenia.
- Sleep disorder and Insomnia
- Conditions requiring to appetite stimulation or increase oral intake
- Muscular skeletal conditions including Osteoarthritis, Muscular spasms and other inflammatory conditions
- Rheumatological conditions including inflammatory arthropathy and fibromyalgia
- Neuropathy and chronic nerve pain
- Chronic abdominal conditions including Crohns, Ulcerative colitis, Irritable bowel disease
Side effects of medicinal cannabis
The risk of severe side effects and the risk of dependency with medicinal cannabis is low.
Depending on each individual patient, the type of product and the dosage, there may be potential side effects.
The following are the known side effects for CBD and THC products:
- Drowsiness or sedation
- Loss of balance or dizziness
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Changes in appetite
The following are potential rare side effects for THC products:
Am I eligible for medicinal cannabis?
There are no specific medical conditions to determine eligibility for medicinal cannabis treatment.
However, the doctor at Northbridge Medical Centre does not diagnose your medical conditions. Your own General Practitioner is required to provide your list of medical conditions and the diagnosis of your disorder.
TGA has recommended that medicinal cannabis should only be considered when:
- Approved conventional treatments have been tried and have failed to manage the medical condition or the symptoms, or
- Unable to tolerate side effects from usual approved treatment
- Medical condition is terminal or palliation is required
Application to TGA to access medicinal cannabis may not be approved if the above conditions are not met.
How much does medicinal cannabis cost?
The cost of consultation is separate from the cost of the medicinal cannabis product.
The cost of medicinal cannabis can vary depending on the type of product being prescribed, the dose that is required along with pharmacy dispensing fee.
The average cost is likely to be between A$4 to A$10 per day. There is currently no subsidy available from the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme.
Some Private Health Funds may provide subsidy for medicinal cannabis. Please check with your health funds directly.
Medicinal cannabis and driving
Driving under the influence of drugs is a criminal offence. THC can be detected in the urine and may take up to five days to clear from the body.
Depending on the type and dose of the medicinal cannabis, patients may need to avoid driving or operate machinery while being treated. Please speak to your doctor about this.
Medicinal cannabis consultation and suitability assessment
Steps to take to determine suitability for medicinal cannabis:
- Discuss the option with your own General Practitioner and listen to your doctor’s recommendation
- Once the decision is made, make an appointment with a doctor with special interest in medicinal cannabis
- Northbridge Medical Centre welcomes existing and new patients for medicinal cannabis consultation
- The doctor will review in detail your medical condition, treatment history and medication list
- The doctor may organize further investigations
- The doctor will discuss treatment options and the difference between the various medicinal cannabis products
- The doctor may also discuss the cost of the medicinal cannabis products
- The doctor will provide appropriate education, dosing and possible side effects
- You will be asked to complete a consent form
- The doctor will then apply for approval via one of the TGA Special Access Schemes
- Over the next few days, the doctor will have to review the application or alter the applications if it is rejected
- The TGA decision time frame is approximately 2 to 3 working days.
- Following approval from TGA, a prescription will be provided to you and appropriate notification to be completed.
- A pharmacy will be nominated for you to have your prescription filled if you do not have one
- It is advisable that you inform your usual General Practitioner and other doctors involved in your care about the medicinal cannabis
- You will then be required to make a follow up appointment to review, adjust or alter the dosing
- You will also need to make a follow up appointment for repeat prescription
- The TGA approval may last for up to 12 months
In order to be successful in applying for TGA approval:
The doctor involved in your consultation will need apply to TGA for approval prior to prescribing medicinal cannabis. To meet the TGA requirement, the following documentations are required:
- Confirmation of the patient’s medical condition, relevant medical history and current symptoms
- Evidence of previous use of approved conventional treatment for the patient’s medical condition
- Evidence of failure to conventional treatment or side effects from the treatment
Consultation at Northbridge Medical Centre:
Medicinal cannabis consultation can be conducted face to face at Northbridge Medical Centre or via Telehealth. It is advisable that the first consultation be conducted face to face. This is to allow the doctor to be familiar with your medical conditions, provide appropriate examination and organize appropriate investigations
Medicinal cannabis consultation fee:
Initial consultation: $250
- Medicare rebate of $75.75 is available for patient seen at the medical centre
- This cost of the fee includes consultation fee and administrative fee for TGA application
Subsequent consultation: $150
- Medicare rebate is available
- Can be done as Telehealth consultation or Face to Face consultation
How to book a medicinal cannabis consultation with Northbridge Medical Centre:
or call us on 08 9228 8339 and talk directly to a member of our friendly team
- Speak to the doctor about booking subsequent follow up appointment and to determine whether a Telehealth appointment is suitable for subsequent appointments
- If you are a new patient, please bring a copy of your Health Summary from your usual General Practitioner
- Please also bring in any other documentations and evidence related to your medical conditions, and a list of current and previous treatment options
Compassionate access program:
Your doctor at Northbridge Medical Centre is also able to apply for compassionate access supply of the medicinal cannabis products for some patients who are undergoing financial hardship. Please talk to the doctor about the scheme.
Book in your medicinal cannabis consultation
The knowledgeable team at Northbridge Medical Centre are here for any questions or concerns you may have about medicinal cannabis and CBD oil treatment. Simply contact us or all 08 9228 8339 to book in your consultation.