Hemp Oil / Medicinal Cannabis Oil By combining a special screw configuration and special parameters in the PressPilot process control system of the screw press, it is possible with our systems to CBD Oil Extraction Machine: The Ultimate Buying Guide We grouped the most popular machine types for CBD oil extraction based on the primary substance that makes extraction possible. These
Hemp Oil / Medicinal Cannabis Oil
By combining a special screw configuration and special parameters in the PressPilot process control system of the screw press, it is possible with our systems to obtain full spectrum CBD oil in a purely mechanical and biological extraction process. The proprietary process offers you numerous advantages over other chemical processes for CBD oil extraction (such as CO2 extraction):
- Processing of whole cannabis flowers possible
- fully automated and continuous process with lowest production costs
- purely mechanical extraction process without the need for solvents
- arbitrarily scalable from 20kg / h, without capacity limitation upwards
- Product parameters (CBD & THC content) can be set specifically
- Up to 40-fold concentration of the components possible.
- better medical effect and market acceptance of pure biologically produced full spectrum CBD oil compared to chemically generated CBD isolates
Below is a little insight into the processing process as a video. Please contact us personally for more information
You will find sample configurations and budget prices for solutions for processing unpeeled, partially dehulled and up to 100% dehulled hemp seeds, as well as solutions for the solvent-free automated production of full-spectrum CBD oil –>here.
Hemp Oil / Medicinal Cannabis Oil
The processing of hemp seeds / Medicinal Cannabis seeds is quite simple with all series of Florapower presses.
Due to the optimized configuration of the equipment, we can guarantee an efficient and stable pressing process at highest yields and best product qualities. Full value added from a single source: Through our very own developed process for hemp seeds, additional byproducts can be obtained that can be sold on the marked at maximized earnings.
The variations of the product streams in the process allow a precise adjustment of the oil quality and other end products. The special selection of system components (Universal Oil Presses, Filters, etc.) allows a product in organic quality.
Usually, all intermediate products can be utilized financially so that no unused or cost-causing intermediates or waste is generated in the process.
Our solutions are also scalable and can be easily upgraded and expanded without much effort.
For you, this means a maximum flexibility in production and a quick return on your investment with significantly higher margins. You can plan your budget individually and adapt it to the development on the market. By the way: with this process configuration you can also process thistle and flax seeds.
Call us or send us an Email. We would be pleased to offer you a detailed consultation and present you all possibilities.
Download Hemp / Medicinal Cannabis Seeds Processing in pdf Link below
HEMP OIL / MEDICINAL CANNABIS OIL
Hemp oil / Medicinal Cannabis Oil, which is produced by mechanically pressing the hemp seeds, is not to be confused with either hemp essential oil (which is brought about through distilling hemp leaves and blossoms), or with hashish (cannabis) oil (which forms as a resin extract from the resin of the plant). Unlike hemp extract, hemp seeds contain hardly any THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), and thus cause no intoxication.
Careful harvesting and a mechanical pressing / oil pressing are indispensable for obtaining high quality hemp oil from the hemp seeds. The seed is protected by its tough shell from environmental factors such as oxygen and sunlight. In order to produce oil from the seeds, they must be pressed in an oil mill with the aid of a screw press/ oil press. Most suitable for this is the cold-pressing process/ oil press, since the oil temperature here (with hemp) should be between 40° C and 60° C, so that the hemp oil’s valuable contents are not damaged or reduced through the heat. With an oil content of 30-35%, hemp yields 180 to 350 liters of oil per hectare.
Characteristics and shelf life
The color varies according to the type of production. Cold-pressed hemp oil is greenish yellow, while warm-pressed oil is rather dark green; oil extracted with benzene and carbon disulphide has a brownish yellow tinge, and oil extracted with diethyl ether has an intense yellow color. Hemp oil smells herbal and fragrant, possessing a raw nutty aroma.
The taste varies from nutty to herbal.
The flash point is between 170 and 220° C; the melting point, from approximately -25 to -15°C.
In addition to containing diverse plant substances,such as chlorophyll, carotinoids and vitamins, hemp oil is composed largely of fatty acids (over 80% are unsaturated). Above all, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3) linoleic acid, α-linoleic acid, and the rare γ-linoleic acid contained in the oil are particularly important for a healthy diet.
Hemp oil stored in a dark bottle in a cool place will have a shelf life of six to nine months.
Pharmaceutical and medical uses
Due to its high percentage of mono-and polyunsaturated fatty acids, hemp oil is also readily used in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. It is successfully used, for example, to help treat high cholesterol, allergies, and arteriosclerosis, according to the Lexikon der pflanzlichen Fette und Öle (lexicon of plant fats and oils). Because it contains high amounts of important polyunsaturated fatty acids, especially α-linolenic acid and the rare γ-linolenic acid, it can also be used for dietary purposes, to deliver essential fatty acids to the body during a fat-restricted diet. In addition, it can be used therapeutically, to heal vascular disease for example, since the polyunsaturated fatty acids positively affect the cell membranes and thereby the elasticity of the vessels and the fluidity of the blood. Thus it strengthens the vascular system and prevents harmful plaque. What is more, it can also prevent the formation of blood clots (according to the Lexikon der pflanzlichen Fette und Öle).
Beyond this, the γ-linolenic acid contained in hemp oil, according to the Lexikon der plfanzlichen Fette und Öle, has an important significance in the formation of prostaglandin, an anti-inflammatory, and can also be effective against neurodermatitis, skin diseases, and psoriasis. It also aids in reducing diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and various chronic inflammations, as well as in reducing the risk of heart attack.
Further positive characteristics of hemp oil, according to Günter A. Ulmer’s book Heilende Öle (healing oils), are as an antispasmodic in epileptic attacks, multiple sclerosis, and chronic pain, thus also being able to positively affect the wellbeing of cancer and AIDS patients.
In the cosmetic industry
The high portion of unsaturated fatty acids, most especially linolenic acid and α-linolenic acid, lends it a strong lubricating property, making it very suitable for skin and hair, which is why it is readily used in cosmetic products. It is used particularly in products for rough, irritated or scaly skin, since the special fatty acids contained in the hemp oil stave off dehydration and tearing of the skin, as well as prevent excessive moisture loss. Moreover, this oil constitutes a very good softener for skin and hair, giving it wide application in the development of massage oil, ointments, creams, soaps, and also shampoos.
This oil is also employed in the natural cosmetic industry, since, owing to its pesticide-free cultivation, it contains no toxic residues.
Hemp oil finds yet another field of application as technical oil in industry. Here it serves as a resource for the production of detergents, due to its high percentage of triacylglycerides. Through various chemical processes (saponification, ethoxylation, and sulfation), different resources such as soaps, emulsifiers, solvents, care nutrients, and surfactants can be produced for the cleaning industry, all having the advantage of being easily biodegradable. Furthermore, its gliding property allows it to serve in the production of printing ink, paints, and varnishes; and it is also employed in the manufacture of wood preservatives, lubricants, and wax crayons.
Particularly in the East it is still used today as lamp oil, because it burns especially brightly and, when combined with essential hemp oil, develops the aroma characteristic of hemp.
In the kitchen
Due to its fatty acid spectrum, which contains all the essential fatty acids important for human health, hemp oil ranks as one of the best and most nutritionally valuable plant oils and readily finds culinary usage. It is used chiefly to prepare salads, dressings, sauces, marinades, and spreads for bread. Its relatively low smoke point of 165° C, however, prevents it from being suitable for grilling or deep-frying, since the fatty acids would otherwise break down at higher temperatures and thereby alter the taste of the oil. In contrast, it is quite safe to use hemp oil for braising and steaming.
If you discovered any errors on our website or would like to improve our products, we would be glad if you would write us these at [email protected]
In addition to their own knowledge acquired through press trials, the following sources were used to create the article:
Öle, natürlich kaltgepresst, Basiswissen & Rezepte, Marcus Hartmann, Hädecke, 2008
Heilende Öle, Pflanzenöle als Nahrungs- und Heilmittel, Neue Erkenntnisse, Günter Albert Ulmer Verlag Tuningen
Lexikon der pflanzlichen Fette und Öle, Krist, Buchbauer, Klausberger, SpringerWienNewYork, 2008
Florapower GmbH & Co. KG
Am Mittleren Moos 48
Deutschland / Germany
Montag – Freitag: 9:00 – 17:00
Kontakt Vertrieb / Sales / Distribución :
Tel: +49 821 / 8994988-47
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: +49 821 / 8994988 40
Fax: +49 821 / 8 99 49 88 43
E-Mail: [email protected]
CBD Oil Extraction Machine: The Ultimate Buying Guide
We grouped the most popular machine types for CBD oil extraction based on the primary substance that makes extraction possible. These substances include Carbon dioxide (CO2), hydrocarbon, and ethanol. Each type is described briefly below:
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
• This method uses carbon dioxide as a natural solvent, which breaks down hemp to release CBD.
• There are three sub-categories under this method: supercritical, subcritical, and midcritical.
• The supercritical method works at high temperatures and typically produces greater CBD yield than the other two sub-methods. However, at high temperatures, other important extracts such as terpenes could be destroyed . Think of it as losing essential vitamins and minerals from while frying vegetables.
• The subcritical and mid-critical methods (cold extractions) produce lower yields of CBD oil , but preserve the presence of other desired extracts.
• Carbon dioxide extraction machines tend to be expensive and have a fundamental issue with scalability.
• There are three major types of hydrocarbons used as solvents for this method: butane, methane, and propane.
• Although these substances exist as gases at room temperature, they can be into liquid form under pressure.
• Although powerful, these solvents, can pull out important substances from the hemp plant while leaving other undesirable products behind such as chlorophyll.
• This method works faster than the CO2 method, and the equipment is less expensive as well. However, these gains are offset by risks associated with using these substances as they are very flammable and combustible . This quality requires any extraction equipment using this method to be housed entirely in a Class 1, Division 1 (C1D1) facility, which can quickly raise costs.
• This process is also not easily scalable as there are purchasing quantity restrictions on these solvents.
• Ethanol is a highly-purified version of alcohol that is also used to extract CBD from hemp biomass.
• At room temperature, ethanol is abrasive . This means it tends to extract everything from the hemp biomass, including unwanted substances such as chlorophyll, lipids, and fats, which will require further separation and filtration techniques.
• However, when the solution it is supercooled, it can be used to selectively extract desired substances only.
• One drawback of this method is that traces of ethanol can still be found in the finished products. Ethanol in finished products must not exceed 0.5% otherwise, it can not be sold.
• Supercooled ethanol extraction machines do not require further separation techniques such as filtration and winterization.
• Supercooled ethanol extraction machines are the most common CBD oil extraction methods because even though they are similar to the hydrocarbon process, they are comparable to carbon dioxide machines in terms of safety .
Water Vapor Extraction
• This extraction method uses steam to separate CBD oil from the hemp plant.
• The main components of this process are the boiler, the distillation tank , the condenser, and the collecting flask.
• The distillation tank contains plant material . Water is heated in the boiler and the steam produced travels upward into the distillation tank. In the distillation tank, CBD is released from the plant into the steam.
• The vapors are then captured in a tube and condensed into oil and water . In the collection flask, the CBD oil is separated from the water through distillation.
Key Factor to Consider When Buying CBD Oil Extraction Machines
• Factors to consider when buying CBD oil extraction machines include the cost , the effectiveness of the extraction process, and the final product yield. Each extraction method also with its own unique pros and cons.
• Although CO2 hemp extraction machines are not the cheapest machines, many have high yields .
• Ethanol hemp extraction is cheaper but ethanol is highly flammable and any change in temperature can significantly impact the final product.
• Hydrocarbon hemp extraction is effective but the process is not ideal for medicinal products because of the risk of contamination.
• Ice water extraction is advantageous because of its simplicity. It is cheap to perform and maintain , and it does not use harmful chemicals. However, this method is more suitable for small scale use than commercial use.
Key Features to Look for When Buying CBD Oil Extraction Machines
Important features to look out for in a machine are: the machine’s safety profile , yield output, the type of solvent used, the extraction time, the efficiency rate, and the amount of processing required afterward.
• Different CBD oil extraction methods have varying levels of safety requirements. Ethanol extraction is not the safest because it uses a highly flammable solvent. Additionally, the hydrocarbon method required a C1D1 facility. The Ice Water Extraction, on the other hand, is extremely safe as it involves putting the plant material in ice water and then filtering it.
• Depending on your needs, it is important to look at the processing and commercial capacity , as well as energy consumption .
• This refers to how efficient the extraction process is in terms of yield and energy consumed.
• CO2 Cannabis Extraction machines have high yields , while Ice Water Extraction is more suited for small scale use.
• You should also find out if its operations are manual , semi-automatic, or fully automatic.
• The main difference between manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic CBD oil extraction machines is the level of human intervention required. Manual machines constantly require human intervention, semi-automatic machines require human intervention at intervals, and fully-automated machines require no human intervention once the process is started.
Certifications, Approvals & Stamps
It is also important to check if machines have passed certain certifications or have stamps of approval from manufacturing or federal governing bodies. Examples of certifications and stamps to look out for include the Food and Drugs Administration , 3A sanitary standards, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
• FDA approval means that the Food and Drug Administration has determined that the benefits of the product in reference outweigh the known risks for the intended use.
• FDA clearance means the manufacturer can prove that their product is ‘ substantially equivalent to another (similar) legally marketed device’ that the FDA has cleared or approved.
• The 3-A Administrative Symbol Council represents both the USDA and the FDA as 3-A Sanitary Standards, Inc, also known as 3-A SSI.
• 3-A SSI’s mission has two main standards and practices. These standards and practices are: “1) to protect food meant for human consumption from contamination and 2) to guarantee that all product contact surfaces can be mechanically cleaned and dismantled manually for thorough inspections.”
• The Current Good Manufacturing Practices consists of FDA’s formal regulations regarding the design, monitoring, control, and maintenance of manufacturing processes and facilities.
• ASME certification and accreditation “certifies that stamped items conform to ASME standards, including the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC), the Bioprocessing Equipment (BPE) Standard, and/or Reinforced Plastic Corrosion Resistant Equipment (RTP-1) Standard.”
Where to Buy CBD Oil Machines
• For industrial purposes, it is recommended to buy directly from reputable companies. Examples of companies that sell industrial-scale CBD oil extraction machines include NuAxon Bioscience Inc. and Precision Extraction Solutions . NuAxon Bioscience Inc. supplied Hemp, Inc. with a large capacity of CO2 Supercritical Extraction equipment in 2017.
• Vendors for home-based extraction machines include Ablaze and Extract Craft .
• Alternatively, Ali Baba , a market place, offers many suppliers of CBD oil machines.
The price of home-based extraction machines ranges from $510 to $4,000 , while the same for industrial-based extractors can range a few thousand dollars to a few hundred thousand dollars , depending on the size and needs.
CO2 Hemp Extraction
• The cheapest extractor available is the OCO Labs’ SuperC extractor which costs $4,000 while the most expensive is the Apeks Supercritical CO2 System which costs $445,000 .
Ethanol Hemp Extraction
• The cheapest extractor available is the Source Turbo which costs $599 while the most expensive is Across International Rotovap which costs $19,470 .
Hydrocarbon Hemp Extraction
• The cheapest extractor available is the Ablaze Mini Closed Loop Extractor which costs $510 while the most expensive is The Io Extractor which costs $225,000 .
Water Vapor CBD Oil Extraction
• The price of water vapor CBD oil extraction machines ranges between $15,500 and $2 million .
Companies that Sell Used Machines
• This company has one of the largest selections of new and used hemp extraction machinery from major manufacturers, and they add new items every day so inventory is constantly changing. Customers can feel comfortable knowing they are purchasing from a vendor with an 80+ year old reputation for professionalism and expertise committed to providing unparalleled service .
• Aaron’s terms and conditions makes a disclaimer of all warranties of goods that are purchased “as is” and “with all faults”, and the company makes no representation of a warranty. The company strongly recommends buyers conduct an on-site inspection of goods and cannot be held responsible for a prior lack of inspection. Buyers also absolve Aaron’s from any responsibility of used goods after purchase.
• The company has an online ‘ Sell Us Your Equipment Form ‘ where sellers enter their name, company name, phone number, state, a description of the equipment being sold, asking price, and upload pictures. The buying department is responsible for reviewing the submissions.
• The company offers replacement parts that are engineered and manufactured to the original company expectations and reduce maintenance and improve uptime. Paul O. Abbe has provided most of the parts for over 50 years, and also completely refurbishes or rebuilds Paul O Abbe process equipment.
• The staff of Service Technicians, Mechanical and Process Engineers provide installation oversight, machine inspection , process recommendations and parts and maintenance recommendations.
• HempFlax provides used equipment as part of the company’s environmentally friendly approach . The used equipment is refurbished and upgraded to HempFlax’s standards that are continually refined to provide even better products with a smaller environmental footprint .
• The machines are comprised of 96% John Deere components and can be serviced by the 2,000 John Deere dealers and specialists around the world. HempFlax makes arrangements with the specialists and provides support and specific knowledge, but if more specific service is required it is taken over by GroeNoord .
• There is no information regarding warranties or guarantees from the company in regard to the equipment. The company’s general terms and conditions state that HempFlax guarantees that the goods correspond to the agreement and specifications stated in the offer but does not give guarantees regarding the usability of the goods for the intended purposes of the buyer. The purchaser guarantees the accuracy and completeness of the specifications and other information they provide for HempFlex to base the offer.
The company was founded on May 25, 2012 . The company is headquartered at 899 S College Mall Rd Unit 161, Bloomington, Indiana and has strong ties to India and herbs from the Ayurvedic tradition through the ownership of three certified organic farms.
• The company supplies the biggest names in the Natural product industry with its super-premium ingredients that are sourced from its own certified organic farms and from an organic co-op that the company founded with local farmers to ensure the farmers get fair prices for their work .
• The machines use a single-step extraction tailored to achieve highly concentrated products, “extracts and spent biomass are free of solvent residues “, mild temperatures ensures product stability and quality , among other benefits.
• Customer reviews and technical publications that review the company do not reveal any cons.
The company was founded in 2011 . The company headquarters is located at 2468 Industrial Row Dr, Troy, MI 48084. It has a California Showcase located at 2230 S Fairview St , Santa Ana, CA 92704.
• A benefit of buying from this company is the knowledge and comfort that the products come from an award-winning company known for its quality equipment and technology. Precision Extraction was awarded the 2018 Best in Equipment and 2019 Best in Technology by Green Entrepreneur Top 100 Cannabis Companies.
• The company has partnered with top and reputable companies such as Rivers Innovations and Cascade Sciences among others. Precision Extraction has “ unparalleled tech support and customer service” and is the “ world’s only provider of turn-key extraction labs”.
• Reviews support the high customer service perceptions of Precision Extraction. A review states the company went above and beyond to help them with their order even after numerous questions and changes and adjustments they made to the order.
• The company may be costly especially depending on the project, and that causes some customers to downsize their orders but they still deal with the company.
• The company has a 4.8/5 rating on Facebook and there is only one negative review that was not about the product.
• Glassdoor reviews gives cons of the company to be the constant pivoting to remain an industry leader in light of the overall industry growth and constantly changing regulations .